Saturday, January 13, 2007

Willy Wonka 2112


http://home.i1.net/~bytor/willywonka2112.html

NEARLY 30 YEARS AGO A BELOVED CHILDREN'S FILM WAS MADE...

IN A 25+ YEAR SPAN SINCE THEN, ONE BAND HAS CREATED SOME OF THE GREATEST MUSIC EVER MADE...

SOMEWHERE IN SPACE AND TIME THESE TWO ICONS OF POPULAR CULTURE CROSSED PATHS...

LAST WEEK, I FOUND THEIR FOOTAGE...


Est. 9/14/99


What began innocently enough as a small experiment soon turned into a full blown project. It all started with my original idea of 'syncing' up Rush's classic album "2112" with the film "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory". The results were quite stunning to say the least! I then made it my mission to track the entire movie with nothing but Rush songs, featuring "2112" as the centerpiece.

The resulting 100 minute video can only be described as
beautifully strange.


UPDATED
9/24/99

If you really want to see this filmic endeavor without knowing its contents
(which is my personal recommendation)
then you probably don't want to click the link given below.
Contact me via email to learn of a possible alternative.

However, if you must know, then proceed...

A COMPENDIUM OF SORTS



bytor@i1.net

No comments: